(Version July, 2017)
- MyScript collects limited personal identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this personal identifying information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- The access to some of our services requires you registering for an account. To create this account, MyScript asks you for personal identifying information (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and this information is used to provide the service.
- When we ask for personal identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it, if different from the uses we have described below. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal identifying information with us.
- MyScript may use analytics tool providers in order to develop and analyze use of some MyScript Products. The data collected by the analytics providers will be used according to their respective privacy policies. You will find more information about analytics data on our cookies page.
- Declaration numbers
The collection of this data has been declared and registered in the database of the French Commission for the Protection of Personal Data (CNIL), under numbers 1522148 v0 and 1581786 v0.
We mainly use your personal identifying information in order to provide services to you, such as a developer account.
We may also use some of your personal identifying information for research and development purposes in order to improve our products. This is particularly the case if you choose to partake in surveys.
We may use some personal identifying information, such as your e-mail address, to contact you in order to:
- inform you of developer news, updates, and technical information such as new releases or tips & tricks,
- inform you about Nebo news, updates, information and improvements,
- inform you about general MyScript news, services, events or products but only with your express consent,
- invite you to take part in research projects in order to improve our products, this could include invitations for surveys, usability tests, or other types of research,
- provide you with technical support if you have contacted us asking to do so,
- inform you if your job application has been successful or not, or to inform you of other job opportunities in the company, if you have given your e-mail address via our job portal.
Your personal identifying information is only stored by us for the length of time needed in order to provide you with the services you want.
When you delete any accounts that you may have set-up with MyScript, we will delete all your personal identifying information within the 3 months following the deletion. If you wish to delete your account you may do so here. However, in certain circumstances we may need to keep limited personal identifying information on file for a fixed period of time in order to respect our legal obligations (notably accounting obligations).
We keep all personal identifying information you have given us through the job portal for 6 months from the date of your application. If you wish us to keep this information for longer please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.Who do we share your personal identifying information with?
MyScript does not rent or sell your personal identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless you give your consent. MyScript may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- With your consent.
- If MyScript considers that it is required by law or has good reason to believe that access, preservation or disclosure of this personal identifying information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of MyScript, its users or the public.
- We may store and process personal identifying information collected on our site in France or any other country, including countries outside of the European Union, in which MyScript or its agents maintain facilities and in particular in the United States of America. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your personal identifying information among these facilities, including those located outside of your country.
- MyScript may share aggregated information with third parties. Examples include the number of users located in France or how many users clicked on a particular section of the site. This information is not personally identifiable.
The content of your Nebo notebooks is automatically stored locally on your device. We have no access to your Nebo notebooks through your device. However, MyScript enables you to use a variety of third-party services and applications that interact with Nebo and allow you to export, save, and synchronize your Nebo notes via their online storage platforms. If you choose to synchronize, MyScript may access the content of your Nebo notebooks through these third party platforms unless you have disabled the “sharing” option in the cloud settings. You may enable or disable this option at any time. We automatically hash the link between your Personally Identifying Information and your Nebo notebooks and so we are unable to trace your Nebo notebook back to your account. We use the content of your Nebo notebooks in order to develop and improve our algorithm and conduct user research. Only a handful of people at MyScript from the technical teams and the user experience teams will ever have access to a notebook and always anonymously.Security Information
MyScript takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. MyScript restricts access to your personal identifying information to employees who need this information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.Children
Neither the Sites nor any MyScript Products are intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifying information from children under the age of 13 and will delete all personal identifying information collected from a person under the age of 13 as soon as possible after becoming aware of it. By using this Site and any MyScript Products, you are representing to us that you are at least 13 years old and have the permission of a parent or guardian, or are at least 18 years old.Updating your Information
At any time, you have the right to access, modify or request deletion of the information we have about you, by contacting us at email@example.com, or the address stated below:
3 rue de la Rainière, Parc Club du Perray,
44339, Nantes Cedex 3